Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

It’s been a long time.

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

It’s been a long time.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:07 AM
MiniMental

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It’s been a long time.

Yo!

it’s been forever since I’ve been on here.

I’ve just found something which I though had been lost and should really look to build it up. It’s a 2008 Speedmaster .21 Mono. Never been built up.

Does anybody know where I might find a CMB .21 Marine engine? I bought one for it originally but ended up selling and I would love another. Seem to be rocking horse poo at the moment 😪

Cheers,

if your still on here, Hello Ron Olson! Not sure if you’ll remember me from years passed or not, I hope your well!

Aidan

Old 01-22-2021, 10:08 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Yes, you can still get the CMB 21, along with several other sizes of nitro and gas engines. Stuart Barr is the US sales point for the CMB engines. Great guy to deal with as I've bought from him in the past. Better still, he will have any accessories you will need to go along with any engine you buy. If lyou would rather deal with a European distributor, he would probably know who you would be dealing with as well. You can reach him by email at:
[email protected]
Just for the record, yes, Ron is still around though we don't see him as often as we used to

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 01-22-2021 at 10:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MiniMental (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 02:50 AM
MiniMental

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Yes, you can still get the CMB 21, along with several other sizes of nitro and gas engines. Stuart Barr is the US sales point for the CMB engines. Great guy to deal with as I've bought from him in the past. Better still, he will have any accessories you will need to go along with any engine you buy. If lyou would rather deal with a European distributor, he would probably know who you would be dealing with as well. You can reach him by email at:
[email protected]
Just for the record, yes, Ron is still around though we don't see him as often as we used to

Thanks buddy, I’ll drop him a line! If possibly I’d like to find a legacy CMB from back then but will definitely have a look at the new stuff also 😈. Your is another name I remember from way back when. How are you keeping? 🙂
Old 01-23-2021, 03:21 AM
Hydro Junkie

Been doing well, all things considered. Between work and the wife, don't get enough time to work on the boats like I would prefer, I'm sure you know how that goes. Was lucky last year in that I was considered one that had to be at work so I kept my job and was able to keep a paycheck coming in so, unlike many, we didn't get hurt in the financial department. As far as the boats go, haven' been on the water with one in a few years. I hope to change that with some new boats that I'm building(when I get the chance) and the older ones that I'm repairing or getting ready to run. I'm also hoping to get on the water in a few months, when the weather starts to warm up. With racing shut down last year and most places I'd normally be going to closed, it's been mostly eat, sleep and work for the wife and I. Needless to say, we're both ready for a chance to do something new or get back to doing things we enjoy. Hopefully, that will be soon.
Old 08-25-2021, 10:30 PM
MiniMental

glad to hear your doing okay throughout the current times buddy, it’s been a long two years! I know the feeling with looking forward to being able to get out and do something. Most of my year has consisted of various repairs and mods to m various selection of vehicles 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully I can start making a move
on this now. Been flat out busy since I last posted so again, haven’t found the time 🤦‍♂️

Currently waiting for a response off Rossi sales for some SM hardware which I’m missing, and hoping to hear back about an engine though I believe I may have missed this one, hoping the current buyer backs out 🙈🙈.

I am curious about a few things. I wanna look into Offshore circuit over here so just trying to get to grips with the rules and even basics with Nitro boating.

for example, starting, how quickly do they need to be in the water once running, obviously the engines are water cooled so I’m curious on this.

Quite looking forward to some tuning sessions to set the trim and such up once built. Will be nice to finally see it on the water after 13 years in storage.

Last edited by MiniMental; 08-25-2021 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:32 AM
Hydro Junkie

Was beginning to think you had something unfortunate happen to you, glad to know that's not the case.
I have an 11cc CMB in my scale 2000 Elam Plus and normally have it on the water within a minute or two of getting it running. Never had a problem with that amount of time. When I did have a problem was when I had changed rudders and I didn't get enough water into the cooling jacket. Head button got too hot, expanded due to heat and failed to hold compression with the side effect of blowing out glow plugs. Put the old rudder back on, problem solved. Unfortunately, that all happened at a national competition so I scored no points. In fact, I went DNF, DSQ, DNF and DNF. Come to think about it, didn't do much better at the only race I've run at in the past three or four years. Went DNS, DNF and withdrew for the rest of the day. Had a 1994 Budweiser die in front of me and ended up running over it. Neither boat was badly damaged but the damage I had wasn't fixable due to not having enough parts. I'm hoping to get it back on the water for a race on Sunday but, like everything else, that's yet to be seen.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:32 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I had the original Speedmaster 21 may years ago, it was a great boat. I had a Rossi .21 in mine, fast boat that my son raced.