Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

The GTP Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 03:17 PM
helivaguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The GTP Thread

dont know about the jammin chassis but the inferno front foam bumper/plate assembly fit almost perfect on the 9.5,
i left the kickup as is otherwise you will have to drill new holes for the bellcrank steering posts and probably would need a longer front dogbone.
i think the hyper 7 with a pbs frontend would make an excellent gtp if you already have the 2 speed for it and there are loads of hyper 7 rollers/parts on ebay for peanuts.
my nephew has the dm-one 1/7 (1st version) and he cant even give it away..lol
Old 10-24-2008, 03:23 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: helivaguy

dont know about the jammin chassis but the inferno front foam bumper/plate assembly fit almost perfect on the 9.5,
i left the kickup as is otherwise you will have to drill new holes for the bellcrank steering posts and probably would need a longer front dogbone.
i think the hyper 7 with a pbs frontend would make an excellent gtp if you already have the 2 speed for it and there are loads of hyper 7 rollers/parts on ebay for peanuts.
my nephew has the dm-one 1/7 (1st version) and he cant even give it away..lol
I have a beat to death hyper 7 Paul Colemen PBS in my basement. Maybe a full street or a rally car with a little more down travel is in order. I think I'll start with a fresh chassis plate from fleabay.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:51 PM
helivaguy

pcr version there ya go... im sure it will a succesful canditate
Old 11-04-2008, 12:08 PM
muggyracer108

I am getting a lrp .28 and i dont no what to put it in either my losi muggy or ofna Gtp2. If i put it in the muggy ill get a jp-4 but if I put it in the ofna ill get a jp-2
Old 11-04-2008, 12:10 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: muggyracer108

I am getting a lrp .28 and i dont no what to put it in either my losi muggy or ofna Gtp2. If i put it in the muggy ill get a jp-4 but if I put it in the ofna ill get a jp-2
You should switch that around, jp4 in the car and jp2 in the truck, you wont be disapointed.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:04 PM
CBM Racing

I had an lrp.28 in my gtp, but it wasn't really that impressive, so it went back into lst2. It is great in a mt, awsome power on bottom and midrange. Tried some different gearing a week or so ago on the picco.28 in the gtp. Tried out a 21/25 tooth clutchbell. Lost a good bit of acceleration, but top end woulda been insane if I had more room to wind it up! I only tried it on my road, but due to hill and curve, only about 300ft to play in. As it was, it was still crazy fast, fastest top end ever for me. Not gonna guess on actual speed, but well over 60mph as I have done many many runs at that speed and more with other cars. Still needed at least another 2-300 ft to really wind it up. One thing for sure, the clk body isn't made for high speed. You could hear the what I think was the wheel openings flapping like a buzzsaw in the wind, and you could see the body flexing like waves. Funny really. Used a lst threaded clutch bell, a losi 25 tooth pinion, and an hpi 21 tooth pinion, with 44/48 spur gears. Had to grind the fuel tank post a good bit to keep pinion from rubbing, but it worked well. These gears would be great if a guy had access to a 1/8-1/4 mile high banked paved oval. Anyway, just keeping thread alive!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:19 PM
ASYSTEMERROR

what's up rcu'ers, i had a gtp the first one i think with the blue chasis plate w/2 speed i'm not sure if it was a rtr or a roller when it was new but i'm looking for the new model w/black chasis and 2speed can i get it as a roller ?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:38 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: ASYSTEMERROR

what's up rcu'ers, i had a gtp the first one i think with the blue chasis plate w/2 speed i'm not sure if it was a rtr or a roller when it was new but i'm looking for the new model w/black chasis and 2speed can i get it as a roller ?
I have not seen the roller version anymore but some place may have it in stock. The roller is a single speed, intended for oval racing. I have the DM-1spec roller and it is a much better car with a Protoform body that actually works at high speeds. The DM-1 can be pounded on for hours with out breakage in the gears. It's pricy at $329 but worth every penny.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:03 AM
ASYSTEMERROR

is the spec dm-1 the shorter car or the longer model. my bud has one on order "shorter model" we both have IGT'S but wanted something better but not serpent/evolva like ! pbs and some more curb wt. and i'm happy.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:52 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: ASYSTEMERROR

is the spec dm-1 the shorter car or the longer model. my bud has one on order "shorter model" we both have IGT'S but wanted something better but not serpent/evolva like ! pbs and some more curb wt. and i'm happy.
the dm-1 spec is the shorter one. the longer one handles better but is not legal at some tracks and proline doesnt make a race body for it.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:24 AM
crazysavage

I just wanted to toss in some info on tires. Traxxas anaconda street tires fit well on 1/8 th scale rims and provide good traction and long life.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:21 PM
CBM Racing

[X(]! Can't believe I didn't think of trying that! Dohp! Awsome tire tip!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:44 AM
slarmond
My Feedback: (54)

Hi Guys! New to the 1/8 onroad cars. Mainly into trucks and buggies. I saw on Ofna's website their is conversion instructions to turn thier buggy chassis into a onraod chassis. I am going to convert a LX one buggy that I have. It has a force .25 engine with stock 13 tooth clutch bell. Any suggestions on gearing or investing in a two speed kit?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:59 AM
angel12

thanks for give information.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:40 PM
CBM Racing

Woohoo! Got a small dvcamcorder for early christmas present. I already have it mounted to gtp2 and am ready to make some onboard racing vids, yeehaw! Bummed because my test grounds are socked in with snow and ice, and been to cold to use cam outdoors. But, heading south in a few days and hoping things are opened up there. Was going to try it on 1/10 car, but decided the gtp is a lot less likely to roll over and kill my cam, so on it went and off I go! Should have a rough vid up by next wednesday, and I mean rough as I never tried editing before, heh heh..
Old 12-16-2008, 09:44 AM
CBM Racing

Just got back from travels with carcam and it kinda sucked due to weather. Managed to get some running in before sucking in to much water and killing engine, nuts. Will have short crappy vid up by this afternoon or tomorrow. Play area was covered with snow on saturday and by sunday melted off but really wet[]. But, gave it a shot anyway and ended up spending 2 hours cleaning car and flushing engine because of it, but at least got to run some!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:53 PM
CBM Racing

My first video, yayyyy! To bad conditions were really bad. Thanks for watching!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YliF-qOzQXA
This place is usually a LOT faster with a good bit more traction, couldn't even get into 2nd gear this time though. Anybody else have gtp vids to share? I want more! Oh yeah, also very jealous this time year of year of those in more moderate climates, -17 f. here yesterday morning, and 5 more inches of snow...nuts.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:40 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Not bad^

What's that rattling that sounds like a cammed out Chevy big-block at times? lol
Old 10-31-2009, 10:03 AM
wminmi
My Feedback: (26)

wow, last post to this thread was almost a year ago....you guys still playin around with the gtp/gtp2?

Just started converting an lx-1 over to gtp....need to swap shock spring or cut these down, ride height is still a tad high. Still have stock single speed, thinking I may stick with it for a bit but swap out the center for a solid/locked unit.

Still have to disassemble fr & rr diffs and check mesh and change fluids if there is even any kind of fluid in them LOL
Old 12-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Mufasa_719

Sadly i dont still have mine but am hopen to pick up another one soon. Picked up a few bits of info too. The second speed gear from the titen 2 speed will work on the spool hub with a lil grinding work. The porpose for this is the 1 speed spool is ment for a single gear -the 52t spur. witch limits gearing. the titen gear which is a 47t mixed with a 20tcb makes for around 60mph. I know not supersonic speed and a higher top end can be achived threw a 2 speed but the thing is, my club runs a parking lot oval. We all run the spools and are killing the 2 speed guys becouse of the room issue. with the spool you can hit a high top end end in limited room. in the back strait the 2 speed just shifts over when the turn is coming up. over all in my opinion the spool is alot more responsive.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:40 PM
93dabeast
My Feedback: (1)

im contemplating getting a gtp but am also looking at other similar ofna models. what is better for parking lot drag racing the dm-1 or the gtp? single speed or 2 speed? im gonna buy a kit cause i have a lrp 30 to throw in so what would you guys suggest?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:01 AM
nastyboys727

how long you gonna drag for ?
we drag but sometimes we do about 132 -200 feet but we also go balls to the wall out rite speed runs to if its anything like that i think you would 
like the 2 speed so you can do it all

Old 04-06-2020, 12:44 AM
Zeelott

Default What exactly is needed to add 2nd gear?

I know this thread is super old but I really want to know what do I need to do to add a 2nd gear to a gtp2? Thanks.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:43 PM
Zeelott

Anyone still racing the gtp2?