Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The GTP Thread

Well here is the GT cup racing body. It even has some battle damage

And a Pic to compair to 1/10 scale

Old 08-03-2008, 06:31 PM
CBM Racing

That's the main reason I went with 2 speed, not enough options out really. Plus I like having the combo of great acceleration, and good top end too. Bummer about the bodies not fitting with extended hexes though, nuts. If you can get the mach 427's for that price, I wouldn't pass it up. I liked mine in this car, it has over 8 gallons on it, abused horribly, compression is getting bad, but it always starts and runs. A fresh one would be awsome in this car! Good torque, and impressive revs for the money, I like them a lot! Tried 1 tank today with JP2 and shorter header. Gads! The ht pipe is good on the lst2, but the jp2 blows it away on this car. I will hold off on the 086 pipe for awhile, very happy with this one for now. Thought I blew up the picco today[X(]. Pulled in to richen the mixture, temps were at 220 and climbing, and just as I reached for it it stopped dead and hard. Immediately tried to restart and couldn't budge the pullstart. Uh oh, 1 way bearing siezed I thought. Tried turning the flywheel to bdc to cool off and couldn't budge it, arrrgghhh! Took the slow walk to shop to pull it apart with head hung low, kid going "what happened daddy, what?" Just before turning a wrench I spotted a small rock wedged between flywheel and chassis, whew[&:]. Will try going down 1 tooth on spurs this week when I get time, should be about perfect for where we run/race. If picco is not in the budget, the mach is pretty darn good. Someday when I have the coin, a GRP tuned .28 or os .28 is going in. Will try to get some pics soon, keep forgetting to do that.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:39 PM
CBM Racing

Nice job on the body! Will try to get some of mine up soon. Mine has much more damage though[&o]. That's the bad part of these, bodies are so expensive by the time you get paint shot on them that you just cringe whenever they even get close to hitting anything. What color blue is that? Looks very nice, other than the battle scars. First time I put the body on to run, it was less than 10 seconds before I smacked a board getting on the track! Haw! Good job though, nicely done.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Mufasa_719

Not sure on the color. I just checked on the mach's and they are 140. I thought they were 110. Is 140 still good???
is the orange and teal head any different???

Had a run away last night. Snaped the front lower a-arm, And now I think I tosted the motor.......
it sat for like 35sec at full revs. Checked it today and there is no compression left[:@]
Old 08-04-2008, 05:49 PM
helivaguy

hey gtp guys...what oil are you guys using in your front and rear diffs?
50k f - 10k r ?
been so long and i forgot what i used to use...i am building one now based on the ofna 9.5 buggy with all the hardened diff gears,just dont like the lx and mbx chassis platform.
i have locked the center diff untill i get a center spool/spur or 2 speed.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:06 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Mufasa_719

Not sure on the color. I just checked on the mach's and they are 140. I thought they were 110. Is 140 still good???
is the orange and teal head any different???

Had a run away last night. Snaped the front lower a-arm, And now I think I tosted the motor.......
it sat for like 35sec at full revs. Checked it today and there is no compression left[:@]
PFFFT, 35 second at WOT won't hurt an engine. if the rod didn't break, you're fine. Run it till it croaks

My orange head mach is in my Savage...but it's been an awesome, reliable mill. I have an STS D28M 5 port that I'm DYING to put into 1/8 buggy-based on-road car with a 2 speed.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:14 PM
CBM Racing

I use 50k front and 10k rear, works good for me, but bro likes 120k front and I think 20k rear. I like the single speed, but not enough gearing options for it, I use the shoe type 2speed so I can still have great acceleration and good top end as well. Good idea on the hd diff gears, I have it on the rear diff after blowing 2 stock ones[:@]. As for the 427's, 140 seems to be the going rate, and worth it in my opinion. The teal head is the better of the 2. It has a larger carb venturi and it makes a big difference in the performance. Think I may do some heavy mods to my rs4 3 and put my orange head in it, oughta be fun! But, if you can, hold out a little bit for a picco .28. Well worth the money. If you look around you can find them from online shops for 189-199$. I can't tell you how happy I am with mine. I have just over 1/2 gallon through it and this thing rips like I can't believe! No matter what engine you go with or have on hand, ditch the stock pipe. Get an ofna 086, or jammin JP2or3, or if money is an issue, use the team losi HTpipe from the lst2. The stock one is choking the .28 size engines to death, they need to breathe! The o86 is a very good pipe for high rpms and makes very good power. I am using the jp2 and it really woke the picco up compared to the ht pipe, and the ht pipe was a lot better than the stock one. I need to get some video capability so I can run record and compare. Plus on board vid would rock! Later!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Mufasa_719

I checked the compression again the next day and all seems good. So I will stick with it FOR NOW!!!
I am running 50K/15K. I compleatly sheared the front diff pinion. Does anyone know if the Jammin CR diffs will work in the GTP??? The diffs seem to be one of the only week spots in the car. I had to switch back to the stock pipe for know as the pipe I am useing is melting my body cuz I cant use a stinger extention. maybe if I dremal off the web stinger support???

CBMI have been looking at the picco but also the jammin .28. they are the same price at amain. I just dont want to HAVE to use a starter box.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Mufasa_719

The new body is done check it out

Old 08-10-2008, 04:30 PM
nitrohead5300

Mufasa That body is nice!![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-10-2008, 09:56 PM
CBM Racing

The picco is pullstart as well. Sweet body! Love it. Where'd ya get it, or make it yourself? Looks really great for dirt oval, and paint is truelly awsome. I had a double whammy over the week. My mom's house suffered about 20k$ of damage when a huge storm brought a gigantor oak tree down and really wreaked havok. Went down to help clean up and on saturday had a chance to race my bro again. The rx suffered catastrophic failure just as I got headed down the long straight(go figure)and promptly went wide open for 150 feet into a curb head on. Luckily the curb was semi banked instead of straight up. Still though, hit it going VERY fast and on impact bent the chassis about 40degrees, bent radio/servo plate into an accordian shape, shattered throttle servo, front dogbone bent 90degrees, rear diff pinion broke, rear diff case cracked, plastic bumper is still embedded in concrete, front pinion drivecup cracked, front tranny drive cup cracked, several screws in bottom of chassis popped heads off...The list goes on [:@][&o]. Good news is, body was off and got to see how well these things fly! Man, this thing went almost straight up at least 30 feet! Flew nice and level, then bounced when it hit and flipped upside down wide open. Engine fired right back up after inspection, so at least it is still good. Ordering a new dirt oval chassis kit in about 5 seconds and gonna use this as a parts car(whatever that isn't broke anyways). Man did that suck[>:]
Old 08-10-2008, 10:42 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

CBM...we need pics, or it never happened[&:]
Old 08-11-2008, 08:12 AM
CBM Racing

Picture of bottom of chassis the screws are popped that hold rear of bumper/diff and the steering posts/servo saver. Just thought I would throw in the one of Mom's house[&o]. Pics don't show full damages to car, but you get the idea. This was after bending it back some by hand[:'(]. New rolling chassis on the way from nitrohouse though!
edit: Guessing tires shredded in the air while the engine tried to commit suicide. Can't tell from pics but plastic bumper is ground almost in half, concrete embedded in body mount post screws so hard I can't clean them out yet. At least engine, body and steering servo live on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39527.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1008804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98084.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1008805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di11258.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	1008806  
Old 08-11-2008, 09:38 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

nice work!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:37 PM
helivaguy

ouch man..sorry about that,
thats why i built my gtp using the 9.5 chassis,the ultra lx and mbx chassis are waayy to weak.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Mufasa_719

man CBM a fail safe would have meen great huh [:@]

The body was painted by the custom painter at my LHS. We get the bodys from a guy in az I think.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:55 PM
CBM Racing

Failsafe going in for sure on next one. Man I hate slow shipping. Ordered a replacement on Sunday evening, it just started shipping yesterday[:'(]. I swear if I order some spare parts or something I don't need right away it gets here in 2 days. If I need something relatively quick it takes 2 days before it gets shipped, and 5 days to get here! Gaaaghrrr. Looking for other bodies and I think the next one will be a kyosho body OR I see on tower comming soon is the rtr dirt oval car with dirt oval body that looks nice. Mine is good for another 100k miles, but always on the lookout.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Mufasa_719

now LOSI in october is releasing the 8ight based dirt oval looks nice too so back to the money making I gota have one
Old 08-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Mufasa_719

The gtp isnt going to be nitro much longer!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:54 PM
CBM Racing

Do I smell a brushless conversion? I would like to try it someday, but I just love nitro too much!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Mufasa_719

I am thinking about it but still unsure.

I cant afford lipo so the set up would be Castle MMM and a 12 cell pack.

But again I am unsure that I want to do it. I have a bunch of cars needing attention right now and this one works so I might have to leave it as is.

I have a Jammin crt.5 with no motor or servos

and a NTC3 needing to be overhualed LOL
Old 08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
CBM Racing

I hear ya there. I have so many projects in the works that I need a break or finish them all. The 12 cell set up would rock if you can make room in there for them, but if it ain't broke...like you say. My new chassis came in today, YAY! Transfering my diffs into it now along with 2speed and whatever else isn't wrecked. That way I have some new spares laying around for the inevitable. Should be up and running tomarrow except for new receiver I'm waiting on in the mail. Using hitec 645mg for throttle and break and 5625 digital for steering, should be good to go then. Amazing how light the roller is, then with 2 servos and engine and battery and so on you can feel the weight adding on in a hurry. I'm off to the shop again for awhile!
Old 08-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Mufasa_719

I had to tear mine apart. The freakin Mid speed needle came out and got lost[:@]
I was wondering why I couldent keep the thing running, and I noticed fuel everywhere. I was mad so I just threw it in the basement for a while. The next day I was lookin at it and the the missing needle. So got a replacement and am in the middle of the restore process YA all that weight adds up quickly,dont it?
Old 08-23-2008, 11:00 AM
CBM Racing

LOL! My axial did the same thing, but caught it before it came all the way out. I used some rtv sealant on the threads when I put it back to stock setting and left it there. First test run after rebuild yesterday and went great. Using a hitec synth dx rx with built in failsafe this time. Also went up 1 tooth on pinions and down 1 on spurs. Now I am more than happy with my thrashing machine! Wanted to get to dirt track this am because it rained most of the night and track gets awesome traction when it's damp/wet. Also cuts the dust down to nothing, so it is much more fun. Wish I had a good track close by as am getting more interested in real 1/8 scale racing, but have nowhere good to run that is close by. Still, this gtp2 rocks where I have to run.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Mufasa_719

Ya True 1/8 racing is too much money for me. I am lookin to get the 2-speed soon, so I have more gearing options. First though I am going to check on moddin spur gears from other cars like the revo spurs. I am running a 19CB the biggest that will fit and I still want a lil more from it. Another thing I am lookin to do is comming up with a hybrid diff set-up using jammin diffs. The diffs are the only worry point on this car for me. than Carbon Fiber steering plate servo tray and center diff plate. Also wanting a sheet of carbon fiber about 4mm thick to make some shock towers. then the light weight milled out chassis from ofna. You following me here, I mean forget the inferno GT I am talking One Bad ***** GTP Type R!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.