Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Advice for Engineering Test Bed Build

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Advice for Engineering Test Bed Build

Old 04-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Jsmeberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for Engineering Test Bed Build

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on a new build. I want to put together a large 36-48" (maybe bigger) mono-hull, planing hull, no frills test bed. The goal is to do small scale (lower cost) development of drive systems and propellers for the real thing. The alternative to an RC build is modifying a real boat so price isn't so much of an issue. Basically I want the beefiest electric power system i can get with off the shelf parts. I need something that can do moderately high speed and also generate a great deal of torque for complicated drive trains and large props. target for max prop shaft speed is 7000 RPM. My current power system plan is as follows:
Motor - Turnigy AquaStar T20 Brushless in the 1280kv mode.
ESC - Turnigy AquaStar 200A Watercooled Sensorless.
Battery - ZIPPY Compact 4500mAh 10S 35C Lipo Pack w/ XT90.
This all would be run through a gear reduction to give me around 7000 RPM at full power I'm new to toys of this power so a couple of questions. Will these parts to work together reliably? Is there a better component or set of components to achieve my objective. How many of these battery packs should run I for a decent operational time? Finally am I crazy and going to blow my boat up with this kit? Any suggestions comments etc. are greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!