Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 10:24 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

What is the difference between the G2 and nonG2?
Old 11-10-2019, 04:34 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
What is the difference between the G2 and nonG2?
Post 1421 there’s a chart......
Old 11-10-2019, 05:46 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
DS16 G2 would be of interest to me.
3-4Q 2020, other projects have to be finished.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 11-11-2019, 02:15 PM
Bob_B

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

I can wait my Current DS works perfectly!
Old 11-18-2019, 10:37 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tip22v

Has anyone seen this error? I've tried re-seating the cable that connects the switches/levers on the back panel but I keep getting this error pretty frequently. If I click on OK my switches SA and SB don't work, which control my Retracts and Flaps. This issue has been on-going since I got my DS-24 about a year ago, but it has recently started happening much more frequently and it's also becoming more and more difficult to resolve. E.g. this past Sunday at the field it took me 15 minutes of turning it on and off to get it recognize the switches and operate correctly, needless to say after all that I decided it was not safe to fly until I got this sorted out. I'm really interested in pre-ordering a DS-12 for my Helicopters but this issue is making me think I might be better off just keeping my DX-18. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. - Tom
So I decided against pre-ordering a DS-12, and instead bought another DS-24! This time I asked Danny (@ AeroPanda) to do the switch replacements before shipping the radio, which he did and still managed to ship it the day after I ordered it When I got the new DS-24 a week later I immediately loaded all of the models from my other DS-24 (which I had backed up before I sent it to James). When I turned on the radio I got the same error pictured above, however after clicking "OK" all of the controls worked properly. The error message did not reappear for that model, however I had to go through each of other nine models and hit "OK." Once I went through all 10 models I have not seen the error since.
In the meantime, James reflashed my other DS-24 and cycled the power dozens of times and has yet to see the error message so I'm beginning to feel confident this might be resolved. I would like to give a big shout out to James at Esprit Models, he has been awesome Once I get the radio back and cycle it a few times I'll feel even better -Tom
Old 11-18-2019, 10:58 AM
Dansy

So I decided against pre-ordering a DS-12, and instead bought another DS-24! This time I asked Danny (@ AeroPanda) to do the switch replacements before shipping the radio, which he did and still managed to ship it the day after I ordered it When I got the new DS-24 a week later I immediately loaded all of the models from my other DS-24 (which I had backed up before I sent it to James). When I turned on the radio I got the same error pictured above, however after clicking "OK" all of the controls worked properly. The error message did not reappear for that model, however I had to go through each of other nine models and hit "OK." Once I went through all 10 models I have not seen the error since.
In the meantime, James reflashed my other DS-24 and cycled the power dozens of times and has yet to see the error message so I'm beginning to feel confident this might be resolved. I would like to give a big shout out to James at Esprit Models, he has been awesome Once I get the radio back and cycle it a few times I'll feel even better -Tom
In the case of your new radio....it’s because the switches are different that what was on the model......if one radio has a different layout then the others it will do that’s after sharing models, not a big deal it only appear once (normally)
Old 11-18-2019, 12:27 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
In the case of your new radio....it’s because the switches are different that what was on the model......if one radio has a different layout then the others it will do that’s after sharing models, not a big deal it only appear once (normally)
The switch layout on the new radio is exactly the same as the other radio, I did this deliberately so I could use one radio as a backup for the other if needed. I think the problem I was having on the first radio is that I programmed one of my jets with the factory default switches, then changed out the switches. James thinks reflashing the firmware may have cleared everything.

If anyone sees this message and pushes the "OK" button I highly recommend you go through and check that all of your controls are working, because in several instances not all of my controls were working after pushing "OK." For example, sometimes I would push OK and everything would work except my retract switch, or sometimes my flight mode switch (which controls my flaps) would not work. And to make it worse some of the controls only partially worked sometimes, e.g. one time my flaps would go to intermediate, but not all the way down. I've never had one of the primary flight controls not work (throttle, rudder, aileron, elevator) after pushing "OK" on this error though.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:49 PM
Dansy

The switch layout on the new radio is exactly the same as the other radio, I did this deliberately so I could use one radio as a backup for the other if needed. I think the problem I was having on the first radio is that I programmed one of my jets with the factory default switches, then changed out the switches. James thinks reflashing the firmware may have cleared everything.

If anyone sees this message and pushes the "OK" button I highly recommend you go through and check that all of your controls are working, because in several instances not all of my controls were working after pushing "OK." For example, sometimes I would push OK and everything would work except my retract switch, or sometimes my flight mode switch (which controls my flaps) would not work. And to make it worse some of the controls only partially worked sometimes, e.g. one time my flaps would go to intermediate, but not all the way down. I've never had one of the primary flight controls not work (throttle, rudder, aileron, elevator) after pushing "OK" on this error though.
I tend to change switches pretty much after every seasons.....just fine tuning what I used and not used....or I feel could be used better with a different switch....did that again not long ago.....and not a single problem ever....but I’m on the DC so that could be the difference...
Old 11-18-2019, 03:05 PM
ravill

I believe I also got that message after I changed a switch type. Ie, I made a rear slider into a 2 position switch. The next time I changed models, I got this message.

I found it useful as it let me know that a switch had changed the programming of my model.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:42 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I believe I also got that message after I changed a switch type. Ie, I made a rear slider into a 2 position switch. The next time I changed models, I got this message.

I found it useful as it let me know that a switch had changed the programming of my model.
I also had this happen recently when changing a slider to a two position switch on my DS16. I was surprised that it was global and carried over to other models.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:30 AM
ZB

Few new items from Jeti are due in next few weeks:
Jeti Transmitter Soft Case
Jeti Transmitter Switch Expander Module TDx MSW (Up to 6 Inputs)
Jeti Transmitter Extended Slide Levelers Vertical DS

Zb/Jeti USA

Old 11-19-2019, 07:34 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Interesting the antennas in that last pic basically come together like that? I would think it would better to flip that horizontal one around the other direction and put it in the other corner and get as much separation as possible.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:05 AM
ravill

Switch expander?! That sounds interesting.

Does that let you add more switches to the tx?
Old 11-19-2019, 10:49 AM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

How can I get a couple more ch out of my ds24 and Cb400 ☹️☹️☹️
Old 11-19-2019, 11:17 AM
Dansy

The question is are using all 24 channels in the assignment page....?
Old 11-19-2019, 12:32 PM
skymaster68

The question is are using all 24 channels in the assignment page....?
yes I’m 😫😫😫
Old 11-19-2019, 03:23 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by skymaster68

yes I’m 😫😫😫
Are on a Cortex pro? Or any gyro?
Old 11-20-2019, 08:45 AM
skymaster68

Are on a Cortex pro? Or any gyro?
hi dansy, yes, i’m running cortex pro, plane is an Su27 w/vt i runned out of channels and need a couple more for smoke and lights...
Old 11-20-2019, 09:32 AM
Dansy

Ok if you run ExBux into the cortex pro with an additional power cable, and out the 6 primary channel.....out of the cortex, you should be able to get 6 channel from your REX Receiver I see in the background...

I have done that before but I wasn’t at 24 channels........so I suggest you call Aeropanda Danny told me how to do it....but like I said I wasn’t at 24...so it might not work...he’s the man who would know....
Old 11-20-2019, 02:11 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

24 individual channels is the hard limit. If you are using multiple channels for things like gear/door sequencing you can change to an on board gear/door controller. The soon to be released Digitech CRU will be a good one but there are plenty of others.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:28 PM
ravill

https://boomarc.com/en/smart-bus-smoothflite

That claims to give you 26 channels. So there is your, couple more channels!
Old 11-22-2019, 02:13 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

https://boomarc.com/en/smart-bus-smoothflite

That claims to give you 26 channels. So there is your, couple more channels!
While this box may be able to output 26 channels the Jeti radio system only outputs 24. You could perhaps use the extra outputs from the box to mix one channel input into two outputs to drive flaps for example.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:45 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket

While this box may be able to output 26 channels the Jeti radio system only outputs 24. You could perhaps use the extra outputs from the box to mix one channel input into two outputs to drive flaps for example.
I haven;t look at this device in particular but if it's similar to powerbox and XPS24 you can assign a single receiver channel to multiple device channels. For example, if you have 4 Aileron servos (2 left wing, 2 right wing) you can create a 2 aileron wing in the DS24 (Aileron1 and Aileron2 and assign Aileron 1 to 2 device channels and Ailelon2 to 2 device channels, effectively freeing up 2 Jeti channels.. With device such as this it's usually possible to fly a giant scale model with 6 Aileron servos, 4 Elevator servos and 3 Rudder servos with only a 6 channel transmitter. All the transmitter really needs is enough channel to support the needed functions which I'm not sure how many functions the OP needs...

Last edited by wfield0455; 11-22-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:06 AM
ZB

Nice last minute surprise from Jeti, check out the changes on new Central Box 210 & 220!!!
Jeti added installation brackets to the bottom portion of the case and internal aluminum bridge for better heat transfer from the board.

Zb/Jeti USA

Esprit Tech/Model 1.321.729.4287
​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeti-centralbox2104.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2265774
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeti-centralbox220r34.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	2265775
Old 11-27-2019, 02:00 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

NEW!
Digitech CRU for Jeti

Central Retract Unit
Worlds first truly configurable retract controller with telemetry!
Designed by Carsten Groen, produced and sold by Digitech.
. Works on most available retracts (Electron , Behotec , JP , Digitech , Prolynx , Jet-1A , Mibo Jets etc).
. Power in/out easy to hook between your turbine or RX battery system (dual MPX connectors).

. Wirelessly Programmable Using DC/DS Tx Device Explorer
. Sequencer with 4 servo output channels (smart system will only work if wheels are in or out, dependent on status).
. Current is monitored (alarm can be set) for the 4 door servos, alarm if excessive current (blocked doors).
. Manual Pushbutton for gear up/down, can be mounted on fuselage (no need to turn on TX to control gear).
. Selectable Pulse braking (to avoid flat-spots).
. Anti Skid (we wanted to call it ASS “Anti Skid System”) but this was revoked by our department of seriousness )
. Gyro controlled brakes and front wheel servo.
. Independent braking by rudder movement, you get more braking power to one side when moving rudder.
. Delays independent of each retract for up and down, for scale purposes.
. Settable speed, max current, rewind time etc. for retracts.
. works with virtually ANY retract system.
. Status messages on transmitter (wheels in/out locked), error (LUA application available, courtesy David Mcqueeney).
. Front wheel braking possible.
. Upgradeable via USB connector.
. EX Bus jeti compatible (further TX systems pending).
. 3 retract output
. 3 brake outputs
. 4 gear door servo outputs
. 1 steering wheel servo output
. 1 manuel switch input (for gear up/down without transmitter)
. 1 Jeti EX Bus connector
. 1 Male Multiplex connector
. 1 Female Multiplex connector

For Jeti, fully EX Bus compatible, only 1 cable needed to your receiver.!
Full Jeti programmable thru Device Explorer menu.
Ideal for scale models, you can delay each gear in and out with time delays.
You can set every brake in Pulse mode and even control the braking force for left, right and front.
You can set the rewind time, min/max retract time, max current allowed (block detection) etc.
Works also with LUA application, full status for gear and brakes on one single easy-to-use screen!
Available end of year 2019.
Price 149,- incl Local taxes.

Technical details:
Input voltage: 6 to 14 volts
Max current for the 3 retracts: 4 Amp each
Max current for the 3 brakes: 3 Amp each
CNC milled aluminum box
Size: 69 x 45 x 17 mm (excluding connectors)
Weight: 50 grams (1.8 oz)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.